Sunday, January 29, 2012

Question about NYC dinning?

My family and I (Mom, Dad, Brother, and Myself) are visiting the city for a week in October and I'm the only person in the family who's visited before, but it's been about 3 years since I was last there and I was just a guest (I didn't plan anything). This time I'm the one hosting/planning the trip but the only thing I'm having problems with is where to eat for dinner. I don't want to take them to typical touristy restaurants or chain restaurants that can be found anywhere (Applebee's, Olive Garden etc) I'd like to take them to some good authentic NYC restaurants. Can anybody suggest a few? My family has no particular preference for a certain kind of food and we're all over 18.Question about NYC dinning?
NYC is a great place to go! They have such a variety of different places for everyone. Here's what I suggest from my experience,

- Cafe Espanol

Great spanish food from Spain! It is very authentic and traditional. They have an outdoor eating area where you can watch the bustling street.

http://cafeespanol.com/home.html



- The Monkey Bar

They have seafood/ italian food. It is very modern and contemporary. If you like seafood definitely check this place out!

http://monkeybarnewyork.com/



- Daniel

Beautiful inside! Absolutely stunning. Very modern inside and a great place. Can become pretty crowded though so I suggest to make reservations. Very expensive though, and not a good place for kids, but a great place to go with a group or date. Very classy and formal, jackets required. If you are looking for something very formal and elegant then go here, it wont disappoint. Although, be prepared to spend some cash. French restaurant

http://www.danielnyc.com/



- Locanda Verde

Very casual, affordable, laid back place to hang out and have a nice meal in. Italian restaurant. Pastries are to die for! Love this place for lunch! Great for going with friends or family.

http://locandaverdenyc.com/



- 21 Club

Famous American restaurant. The atmosphere is very warm and comfortable. Old school. Jackets are mandatory for men. I suggest the roast pork loin. Delicious food. I would really recommend it. It's not too pricey but is a great place for family. Dress code is formal, remember to follow it or you won't have such a great experience there.



Well there's just a few I absolutely love! I live in New Jersey and visit NY often. I hope you all have fun :)! They will love NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment