Sunday, January 29, 2012

Good Moroccan AND Israeli food in NYC?

Can somebody tell me where i can get some good/authentic moroccan food, as well as Israeli in NYC? I am coming to NYC next week for a few days and am in love with mediterranean food. I have eaten my fair share of spanish, italian, greek (in the city) and have yet to really eat a real good couscous or hoummos in NYC? (well, i have never really eaten any, so i can't really say 'have yet to ...')

I am looking for a combination of the two or simply two restaurants



ThanksGood Moroccan AND Israeli food in NYC?
Moroccan- Cafe Mogador on St. Mark's Place. I had their Bastilla (chicken wrapped in phyllo pastry) the other night, and it was great. Lots of spices.



Israeli- Triangles (on the Upper East Side). I've never been, but my neighbors love it.Good Moroccan AND Israeli food in NYC?
I think the first answerer meant Rectangles, which is located on First Avenue, between 74th and 75th Streets (212) 744-7470. It serves Moroccan and Israeli foods. I believe it has a bar.



Another restaurant is Galil, on Lexington between 84th and 85th (212) 439-9886. It serves Moroccan food. I highly recommend this restaurant.



If you plan on venturing out of Manhattan, the outer boroughs have places to offer, too:



Queens

Hapisgah 147-25 Union Turnpike (718) 380-4449 (serves Moroccan/Israeli and is also a steakhouse and has a full bar)



Grill Point 69-54 Main Street (718) 261-7077 (serves Israeli food and is mainly a takeout place with some tables for sitting)



Bronx

Riverdelight Deli %26amp; Middle East Restaurant

3534 Johnson Avenue, Riverdale (718) 543-4270 (for take out and sit down dining)



One thing to remember: Except for Rectangles, all of these restaurants are Glatt Kosher and will be closed to observe Shabbat from Friday evening through Saturday night. These would be great places to go to on Sunday and during the week.

I hope this helps. Have fun on your NYC Morrocan/Israeli culinary adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment