Monday, February 20, 2012

How do I start a game hosting company? What should I buy, what should I do, any tips that you have?

I am thinking about starting a business that hosts game servers. I am wondering what things I need to buy to get the job done, financial tips, other things like that.How do I start a game hosting company? What should I buy, what should I do, any tips that you have?Go to http://www.score.org/index.html and in the upper left hand corner, enter your zip code. On the next screen, you will get information in the nearest SCORE chapter. Call them and arrange for a free meeting with a SCORE counselor to discuss starting your game hosting company.



SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to entrepreneur education and the formation, growth and success of small business nationwide. SCORE is a resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).



SCORE has 389 chapters in locations throughout the United States and its territories, with 10,500 volunteers nationwide. Both working and retired executives and business owners donate time and expertise as business counselors.How do I start a game hosting company? What should I buy, what should I do, any tips that you have?To get started you should look to server farms like idlogic or hostgator.



That will get you up on the web. But now you need to think about your business model? How are you going to charge? What games do you have? Why would someone give you money vs some of the other options.



Just a few thoughts.How do I start a game hosting company? What should I buy, what should I do, any tips that you have?Among other things, make sure you get a good enough hosting package.



I'd recommend starting with a Virtual Private Server and then upgrading to a dedicated server once your business grows enough to warrant it.



There's a good review of VPS providers at http://www.unlimitedhostland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment