Thursday, February 23, 2012

Best way to start a game to Civ IV beyond the sword?

I just want to know an easy way to start a game of Civilization IV, like I usually try to be the founder of Judaism, or Buddhism if I start with the Mysticism. Even if I have Buddhism I still try for Judaism. I just still seem to eventually have trouble even with all the holy cities. My first build is always the Stonehenge if I have mysticism, worker otherwise. Then I just kind of do my thing.



How can I improve.Best way to start a game to Civ IV beyond the sword?It's very important to pick the best leader for your strategy, my personal favorite is Bismarck (others I find work include Huayna, Mehmed and Mao), the expansionary and industrial benefits boost my game volumes and keep the civilization together, but my strategy is relatively slow starting (starting out with workers and settlers), I rush to build a big, strategically-placed empire and then build up the cities so they can build up a big military fast when necessary.



Your starting strategy is good, it is always best to start with religion and culture so your borders expand quickly and you have more room to grow, but expanding early can be the key to victory in the long run, be sure to have a unit exploring from the first turn to try to find as many tribes as possible (you can sometimes get lucky with a settler or 2). But be sure to have -at least 2-4 cities in the first 100-200 turns. And the first wonder you start on should definitely be the Pyramids (then switch to representation). I tend to research meditation, then mining, then masonry, then the wheel, then bronze working and stick slavery on, then priesthood (for the oracle, where I pick currency), then mathematics.



Adapt your strategy according to your environment and objectives, settle in the best strategic spots (marble is very useful early on with wonders) with useful resources, be sure to plan ahead what you are going to research on the tech tree, to get ahead military wise, or get something you need (e.g. wonders, population, religion, or money bonuses) and make sure to get in and build the best wonders in your most productive cities. It's all about the money, so you can keep research at 100% until you are ready for war and rush building/drafting. Manage workers wisely, to build mines, etc, and strike deals with other players if they've got something you need.
  • nyc restaurant week
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment