Thursday, February 16, 2012

Please Help!!! Need Ideas for Private Marriage Proposal next week!?

I am going to be asking my GF of 3 years to marry me next Friday. She had mentioned in past conversations that she would never want a PUBLIC proposal. I am a reserved person also, and would also feel more comfortable doing it in private. My GF has no idea at all the I am going to propose and she is under the idea that we are going to her friend's Christmas cocktail party. I already informed her friend of my plans. I get home around 6PM that night and she will be home. I made 9 o' clock reservations at a beautiful restaurant across from Central Park ( We live in NYC).



I would rather NOT DO something cliche ( sprinkling the apartment with rose petals) I was trying to come up with something creative that I could do at home.



Please Help!!!Please Help!!! Need Ideas for Private Marriage Proposal next week!?
:-) -- If you get home around 6p.m, and she's home-already--I doubt you'd get away with tossing rose petals in the air either LOL . Okay- all kidding aside-- we know you're going to ask her to marry you, but I can't figure out whether or not you've bought the ring already-- I'm suspecting not? This would allow you to shop for it together, which is always nice.



As to ideas for how to propose-- since you've got the restaurant booked--and this time of year it'll be busy too, maybe with office parties? --not sure what kind of place it is-- but were you planning to use that scene as your proposal place? Personally, I'd prefer to be asked in a place where I'm comfortable-- ie--your place--after the nice dinner. If there is something you know she likes-- a scent of candle, certain music, a special wine--something that tells her you've been paying attention to the little things that make her happy-- ensure those are on hand (if you can enlist the help of her friend, all the better)--but keep it simple; keep in mind, the more "hoopla" involved, the more tidying up later. But having her favourite flowers at the house, with wine/music-- having a nice quiet evening at home, a bubble bath together-- where you're both in a good "zone"--without being randy and wanting to rumple the sheets (nudge)-- is, in my view, where you want to "be". It's not as much about the setting, as much as the mood--and most best moods have to do with being totally at ease, well rested (and yes, fed, to a degree)-- hopefully, her week will have gone smoothly and she won't be in a sour mood due to work-- if it looks like something's up in that department, let's hope you're in a position to defuse that to some degree.



All the best-- be yourself-- keep it simple but sincere--- remember-- mood versus setting :)Please Help!!! Need Ideas for Private Marriage Proposal next week!?
I have a couple of ideas:



1- You could take her on a private boat down the hudson, have them prepare a romantic dinner for you guys, and then Propose to her while fireworks take place (My uncle did that)!



2- Or you could just take her to a private walk, also have fireworks prepared, and have them put the fireworks while u propose to her.Please Help!!! Need Ideas for Private Marriage Proposal next week!?
aw that's so nice and i think the rose petals thing would be romantic! its not cliche, girls love that stuff.
Dump her asap, all women are bitches and only after your money.

No comments:

Post a Comment