Thursday, February 16, 2012

I really need help. I'm involved with a guy who has Aspergers and I don't know what to do.?

Gay male in my early 20's here. Am really in need of some help! I feel like this is one of the most confusing situations I've ever had and goes beyond the typical "Does he or doesn't he like me?" dilemma. I apologize if this becomes really long. I'd appreciate so much any help!!



About 2 weeks ago I met this guy. He's 19 (I'm 21), just moved to NYC a few months ago from VT. We immediately start talking a lot - spending entire days texting - and make plans to hang out. We go to dinner and movie, and have this amazing connection! It's so rare for me that I'll actually like somebody but I found myself really falling for him, really quickly. That night after our first date, he's texting me and says "I'm so happy we met!! You have no idea! Tonight was the best I've felt since I've been here! I think you're so cool! I can't even explain how comfortable I felt with you and how uncomfortable I've been since I've been in New York. Can we hang out soon??" So I tell him that I, oddly enough, felt the same way, and soon he says "I really like you a lot!". Aside from the fact that I found myself liking him in a way I haven't liked someone in years, I thought it was really cool that he was so honest and genuine. So we make plans for the next day. We go to dinner and then back to his apartment.



I think it was then that I started to notice things and come to the conclusion that he has Aspergers. I don't know that for a fact, however I absolutely know he does. He has all the signs of it. He had told me that he has basically no friends here and eventually told me he doesn't really have many back home either. At dinner, he's telling me things like he wants me to go back home with him to VT for a weekend at the end of the month (AKA staying with his parents there!!) and saying things like "This person I work with really wants to meet you!". So we go back to his place. He seemed pretty nervous, but I was too. I noticed that he had taped to his wall, he had the movie ticket from the movie we saw that day before AND the matchbook from the restaurant we went to!! and after hanging out for a while, watch a movie while lying in his bed. FINALLY things started to happen! We had our arms and legs all around each other, I had my head on his shoulder, he was holding my hand. It felt amazing. He asked me to spend the night. The entire night, we fall asleep in each others arms (as well as some feeling up and stuff, but nothing too scandalous, since I thought it'd be better to take things kinda slow ish). Halfway through the night, he woke up and just pulled me closer to him and we kissed.



In the morning, things felt weird. He was being really weird and silent. I was only there for like 15 minutes before leaving, and he didn't even walk me to the door or to the elevator or anything! I had a weird vibe. But then by the time I got to the subway, I had 3 texts from him saying what a great time he had! The next day, I was pretty busy but we continue texting all the time, and make plans for the following day. He said he wanted me to model for him (He's a photographer, I'm a model. Makes sense lol),



When I got off the train to meet him, I had 6 texts from him! He sounded so anxious to see me (Anybody else would probably find this really stalker-ish but I thought it was cute), saying things like "Are you almost there???" and "I'm just going to buy cigarettes real quick but I'll be right back, 2 seconds, so don't worry!!". I felt SO good about everything! So I meet up with him....and things are WEIRD. Silent. Awkward. He's being weird, I don't know why! It's just very difficult to get a conversation started. So we go to a park and take pictures. He kept telling me I look "amazing". So then we go back to his place. We hang out for a bit and take more pictures there. Finally, he loosened up (He's REALLY uptight and lives his every waking moment according to his schedule. And I'm the total opposite of that) and we started laughing our asses off and having a great time and being flirty. At one point, we were lying on his bed and he was lying with his head on my shoulder and stuff. It was weird though...he kept flipping back and forth between between being weird and being cool, it was literally like clockwork, every 30 minutes or so! So we go outside for a cigarette and he says to me "I'm probably just going to edit these pictures and go to bed tonight", which I didn't like so I said "Um do you want me to leave or something...?". He says "Yeah, after this cigarette". ?!?! So we go upstairs and he says "So, what are we gonna do tonight?" WTF??



We hung out for a while and he was being better and seemed to really be opening up to me more (about his family, past relationships, etc). So we decide I really need help. I'm involved with a guy who has Aspergers and I don't know what to do.?
Was this an episode of All My Children or what! Email me! We can chat about this one. I would rather do it one on one.



Redskyblackdream@yahoo.comI really need help. I'm involved with a guy who has Aspergers and I don't know what to do.?
Let him put it in your back door.

No comments:

Post a Comment