Thursday, February 16, 2012

Should I keep pursuing this girl?

I am 23 and the girl I will be talking about is now 19. I met a very sweet girl about this time last year through a friend. I met her a year and a half ago. She was planning to transfer schools and did. We would text and have conversations online. Well, she went away north (about 300 miles.) When she came back for winter break, we had dinner with a few friends short after she came back. I asked her out and she agreed but then dodged me. When she went back to school she said "i didn't have an opportunity to see you." At first, I thought she was stuck up because she's really pretty and goes to an ivy league school, but after I started to get to know things about her I became very attracted to her character and how she sets her priorities. I like her because of her work ethic and things of that nature. I understand how difficult being in a school like that is, so around finals of spring semester, I sent her a gift basket with some fruit and cakes and cookies and stuff to say good luck. She's back for the summer, living in a dorm of a local school.



I think we argued once and I asked if she wasn't interested, but she suggested otherwise.



Anyway, the semester ended a few weeks ago and when we were to setup a date she said the weekend would be cool but she'll let me know by Tuesday. She started her internship that day too. She texted me Thursday and said her boss has her working late hours and might have her go to Canada with her for the weekend so maybe next weekend...I wrote back that I was proud of her the following day but she didn't respond. I know that it happens, but I got upset because I had planned a private helicopter tour over NYC that would fly all around the city and over her parents' house. I can arrange that at anytime however.



The weekend after thanksgiving she was supposed to come out to the restaurant where I have meetings. I knew that she was interested in something, so I got her tickets to see something. The day prior she said it sounds good and she'll come by and the day of she didn't answer.



Something similar happened in December when it was her birthday. Twice she said she wants to go out but when I call to arrange something she didn't answer.



She recently blocked me from her facebook wall as well, although I know she's very private so I can't be sure if she just blocked me or blocked it in general from being seen.



So basically this is the third time that something like this arose and despite having a lot of confidence in myself, I don't know how to further pursue the situation.



I am 23 and ahead of the game for the most part. I consider myself well accomplished for my age and I think most people around me do as well.



I have a lot of mixed emotion and mixed signals. I think it's obvious that I care about her. I just don't know if she is afraid to get hurt or if I am just being toyed around with.



A lot of people have been telling me to move on and see other people. I find many other women to be interested in me, but I am not attracted to them at all. I'm a really sensitive person who wants to work hard for the girl he loves, and this type of chase appeals to me. I just don't understand why she would say and act interested.



I know that a few things I have done for her were personal and really helped her out like helping her with some final work for school, sending something on valentines to which I seemed to get a positive response from, etc.



I can understand the "we want what we can't have deal" but the more women I try to get into, the more I realized how hard it is for someone like me to find somebody I am interested in and this girl just has everything that I could be looking for in someone. We grew up 2 miles away and have very similar backgrounds and upbringings. I just don't understand her. I know this is long but if someone can help me try to make sense of this, I thank you.Should I keep pursuing this girl?
waaay too long and confusing please condense.Should I keep pursuing this girl?
It sounds like she isn't into you, move on man, it sounds like your creeping her out with all the calls and messages. Play it cool and ask her why she blocked you and if she is just stringing you along
  • translator french to english
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment