Thursday, February 16, 2012

How can I motivate myself to get a job? (its pretty long..)?

And anyone who reads this is probably going to assume I'm just a lazy person. But I think its more than that, and maybe this isn't the site to try and discuss this? Oh well.

Well when I was 12 years old I told my mother I wanted to see a therapist and she took me to one, they gave me anti depressant medication. I took it for a few weeks and then stopped taking it and stopped going to the therapist (I didn't like her and she was judge-mental) And the medication didn't seem to work for me.

From 12-14 I struggled in school (I was a good student, and pretty smart I got good grades) I just couldn't focus and I would just start crying as soon as I got to school, and I just couldn't stop so they had to send me home. I ended up dropping out of school and going back the next year (i was 14 the 2nd time) and it continued to happen. So, I dropped out of school completely. I never had many friends or anything only a few. which I'm fine with. I'd rather have a few great friends than a lot of "okay" friends. Its hard for me to trust people, most people aren't what they seem to be. I don't talk to anyone in my family (and its not like I "cut" them out of my life, they just don't talk to me." Besides my mother.



Anyway, I moved to NYC with my boyfriend when I was 16 for about 2 years (off and on from him to my mothers) and I had to come back to my mothers in NC ( me and my boyfriend are still together, its just a bad time with money for both of us) in NC I have no money or a CAR. I turn 18 years old tomorrow (nov 21)



And I WANT to find a job, but I don't feel like I can do it. One of my friends is trying to get me into one of his friends restaurant as being a waitress (not a permanent thing, just temp.) I really need the money, I just don't want to live through the same exp. I had when I was in middle school. In jan. I'm supposed to go and take high school classes and try to get my GED. (going back to school isn't an option for me, I dropped out in the 7th grade) and I want to go to college and study psychology.



I'm pretty sure my friend will help me get there and get me back (since I have no car at the moment and neither does my mother)



So basically..my question is how can I motivate myself to take the job? And I don't think many (if any) people will actually read all of that, but if you do I'd really appreciate it.How can I motivate myself to get a job? (its pretty long..)?
Well making a better life for yourself should motivate you. If you want to be independent and not rely on mom anymore than getting a job should be one of the first steps so that you can get your own car. You have listed all your reasons to motivate yourself in the paragraph above. Remember the situation your in right now is temporary...things will get better! Good luck! Have a safe 18th birthday!How can I motivate myself to get a job? (its pretty long..)?
money every month in your pocket should be enough motivation to get anyone up and workingHow can I motivate myself to get a job? (its pretty long..)?
you need to find your interests...then you can set a career path...

take an aptitude test...this will help you find your interests and put them into job lists...

if you like your job you wont work a day...

good luck and happy birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment